Adjust font size:
The following links provide information about the elected representative as well as useful links to local, state and federal resources.
Other State and Federal Sites of Interest
- New York State Official Site
- Onondaga County Official Site
- City of Syracuse Official Site
- Federal Government Official Web Portal
- My Benefits The fast and easy way to find out about many health and human services programs (e.g. Child Health Plus, Medicaid, EPIC, HEAP, food stamps) and how to apply for them - anytime and anywhere.
- New York State Information Created by the New York State Library this link provides some commonly-sought information about New York State (e.g. symbols)
- Ben’s Guide to the Federal Government for Kids This site provides learning tools for K-12 students, parents, and teachers. These resources will teach how our government works, the use of the primary source materials of GPO Access, and how one can use GPO Access to carry out their civic responsibilities. And, just as GPO Access provides locator services to U.S. Government sites, Ben's Guide provides a similar service to U.S. Government Web sites developed for kids.
- American Red Cross Onondaga-Oswego Chapter Learn about health and safety courses offered by the American Red Cross, including CPR, babysitter, and First Aid training. Find out about services, employment, and volunteer opportunities.
- ARISE ARISE Advocacy, Resources, Information, Services and Education for people of all abilities. Links to these resources are listed on the horizontal menu at the top of the screen.
- New York Canal Times This publication is about the history and culture of canals in New York State. It covers the Erie, Champlain, Oswego and the Cayuga & Seneca canals -- from Whitehall to Waterford, to Oswego, to Ithaca and Watkins Glen, to the Tonawandas and all along the routes in between.
- Child Care Solutions Child Care Solutions provides information and resources to parents, providers, employers, and community leaders who seek solutions to their child care needs.
- Cornell Cooperative Extension Onondaga County Food safety and handling tips, nutrition information, gardening tips, and agriculture resources can be found at this website.
- Greater Syracuse Chamber of Commerce is another extensive listing of recreational and cultural activities, sites and events.
- Hospice of Central New York Hospice is dedicated to providing end-of-life care for people with terminal illnesses and their families. Includes a link to find hospice agencies throughout the United States.
- Human Services Directory Helpline is a directory of human services information and referrals for the Onondaga community. It replaces the "2000 Human Service Directory."
- Literacy Volunteers of Greater Syracuse The site describes the agency’s major services: providing training for volunteer tutors and matching them with adult students for instruction in either basic reading and literacy skills or english for speakers of other languages.
- OCM BOCES Adult Literacy Service Contact numbers and information about family literacy, GED preparation, and ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) programs offered through BOCES.
- Onondaga Historical Society Provides information about the collections and services of the local historical museum and research center.
- Onondaga County Public Library System provides information about the library system and available services.
- Syracuse Convention and Visitors' Bureau provides a wide variety of information about Syracuse including; transportation, accommodations, maps and events.
- Syracuse OnLine , the Syracuse Newspapers site which includes; reviews of movies playing around town, including the independent theaters; sports for college, high school, and semi-pro teams around the area.